Notice

The contents of this blog are copyrighted to the author, Missy (unless otherwise noted) and may not be used, reprinted, published or in any way copied without written permission of the author.

The medical information contained in this blog (when it appears) is not intended to provide medical advice of any kind. Any medical topics discussed here are as they pertain to the author and her conditions only. Do not make any changes to your medications, treatments, etc. without speaking to your personal physician first.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Good Day Today

Today was a real good day. I still have a bit of a cough, but it is nowhere near as bad as it was this passed week. The body aches and fever appear to be gone as well! Sadly this means I can feel my back pain again but happily it has been relatively low all day. I got stuff done today as well. 4 loads of laundry, took my niece out to play catch in the front yard, then we went for a short walk, then I felt like going for a drive so DH, my niece and I went for a ride and stopped at Dairy Queen for a little ice cream. We had a good time sitting in DQ eating ice cream. They were playing classical rock (70's and 80's music) in the store and Bridgette was dancing in her high chair while eating her sundae. She kept saying "Hi!" to all the other people there and made them all smile. When we got home we gave her a shower to get the ice cream out of her hair LOL Then I was able to cook dinner and I even managed to finish it instead of having to give it to someone else to finish. DH cleared the dining room table for us and we ate dinner at the table like a family, which felt real good.

After that I got a phone call from my best friend in the world. She has had some medical issues that have been causing her chronic pain, but the doctors weren't willing to help her or even try very hard to find out what was wrong. Well, she had good news too! She went to see a new doctor, who happens to be a pain management doctor and formerly an orthopedic doctor and he gave her hope and is going to help her figure out what is going on, whether it can be healed, and help manage her pain better. I am so happy that she will have some relief from the horrible pain she has been suffering with for many months now. I am even happier that she is now feeling hope and has the possibility of finding out exactly what is going on. Here is hoping she will be all better real soon!

I actually felt well enough to do some stitching today as well, which is good. So all in all a very good day!

I hope everyone else had a good day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog. For people who are chronically ill and/or in constant pain, it can be difficult to socialize as frequently as we would like to do so. Talking with others online is a way for us to socialize, chat with others, make new friends, reach out to others in similar circumstances and many more positive effects.

Knowing that someone has read my posts and commented on it, helps in many ways. The biggest two being that it helps ease the feeling of being "alone" and that no one could possibly understand. Secondly, it reminds us that others truly do care and that just feels wonderful!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog, it really does mean a great deal to me and is helpful too!