Notice

The contents of this blog are copyrighted to the author, Missy (unless otherwise noted) and may not be used, reprinted, published or in any way copied without written permission of the author.

The medical information contained in this blog (when it appears) is not intended to provide medical advice of any kind. Any medical topics discussed here are as they pertain to the author and her conditions only. Do not make any changes to your medications, treatments, etc. without speaking to your personal physician first.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Same Stuff Different Day

Today has been a fairly decent day despite the slightly higher pain level in my pelvis. My knee is feeling better and I managed to sleep for 6 hours last night. The swelling has gone down, as has the pain. It still hurts, but nowhere near as bad!

I had my doctor's visit today and saw the new physician's assistance that joined the practice. He seems like a very nice guy! He actually listened to me, which I really appreciated. That is a major pet peeve of mine, doctors who just don't listen to what their patients are telling them. In pain management the doctor has to rely on what their patient tells them because every person experiences pain differently. What is massive pain for one person, is not as bad for another. I get the diagnostic for radio frequency next Wednesday, so here's hoping I can get the RF itself done before June. I doubt it as my next appointment isn't until June and they didn't schedule a follow up for after the diagnostic. But I am hoping that when the diagnostic is over I can call the office to request they schedule the procedure or give me an earlier appointment so I can get scheduled.

The only bad thing with the P.A. was that he told me RF shouldn't need to be repeated at all. That it destroys the nerves and they do not grow back. So I did some more research to see if my information was outdated and found that he was wrong. The nerves do regenerate and can take anywhere from 9 months to two years. Some patients get relief that lasts for 2 years, but I am not one of them sadly. I only get between 6 to 8 months and it has been 8 months. So I printed out the article and intend to give it to the P.A. for his information.

While doing my research I also found out the name of the procedure for doing RF on the SI joints! It is slightly different than for the facet joints on the vertebrae, but it can be done! Woo Hooo! I plan on giving this information to my doctor and see if he can do the SI joint also. I can only imagine how much lower my pain will be if they can do the SI joints as well as the bad disks. It would be wonderful to have the lower pain level again!

Other than the doctor's office and some stitching while I was there, I haven't done much today. I read my email, read the blogs, posted here and in my stitching blog and that was it. It is hard to do a lot when your pelvis hurts.

Well I'm going to go sit in bed and stitch!

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* I'm glad the doctor's visit went better than the last one. Although, I still giggle at the fact that you tried to tell me about it even though I wasn't there. ROFL <3 I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog. For people who are chronically ill and/or in constant pain, it can be difficult to socialize as frequently as we would like to do so. Talking with others online is a way for us to socialize, chat with others, make new friends, reach out to others in similar circumstances and many more positive effects.

Knowing that someone has read my posts and commented on it, helps in many ways. The biggest two being that it helps ease the feeling of being "alone" and that no one could possibly understand. Secondly, it reminds us that others truly do care and that just feels wonderful!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog, it really does mean a great deal to me and is helpful too!