Notice

The contents of this blog are copyrighted to the author, Missy (unless otherwise noted) and may not be used, reprinted, published or in any way copied without written permission of the author.

The medical information contained in this blog (when it appears) is not intended to provide medical advice of any kind. Any medical topics discussed here are as they pertain to the author and her conditions only. Do not make any changes to your medications, treatments, etc. without speaking to your personal physician first.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Oh Yay..mother nature hates me

To go with a week of sitting mostly in bed due to pain, I get to start this next week with more pain. Mother nature hates me I swear. Even before my back got real bad, my periods were bad. Back pain, bloating, severe cramps and moodiness. It was easier when I was on the pill, but when they took me off the pill it became excruciating. Due to my age my periods have changed. Now, instead of a week, I get at least 2 weeks and it just sucks. Having chronic pain is bad enough, but for 2 weeks out of every month it gets a lot worse. The bloating and cramps cause muscle spasms in my entire pelvis and lower back, which causes increased back and pelvic pain. It really really sucks. It is during the worst 3 or 4 days when I wish I was a man because they don't have to go through this.

Bridgette is sick. She's been running a fever for 5 days now, runny nose, nasty cough but the doctor says it is a virus. I think she needs an antibiotic. Now I am sick. Due to pain from my period I was awake all last night. At about 2 AM I got a sharp pain in my right ear followed by a weird pop and then my ear drained. So I've been deaf in my right ear all day today. My sinuses are all plugged up and I feel exhausted. But part of that could be from the fact that I only got about 4 hours of sleep. I fell asleep around 10AM this morning, and woke around 1 this afternoon but after a bit went back to sleep and woke again at 2:30 or so. Same thing happened Friday and Saturday nights. So I know I haven't gotten a lot of sleep the last few days. I really hate it when my sleep schedule is all screwed up.

I received a wonderful comment from Shauna (from Shauna's Life In Pain ) about the poems I posted. She liked them and said they were accurate about what it is like to live with chronic pain. Thank you Shauna, I really appreciate the feedback! You are welcome for my visit to your blog. I have enjoyed your writings very much and I am sorry to hear that today was such a bad day for you. I hope tomorrow (and the rest of the week) goes much better! I would love to read your poetry or other writing some day.

Here are a couple of pictures to make you smile.



















The one on the left is Bridgette. She is 31 months old today and here she is fascinated by her chocolate bunny. She had a good time and was well behaved despite no feeling very well. On the right is my youngest child, my son Kyle who is 13 years old (will be 14 in June). I was trying to get him to smile a natural smile and I finally got one but as a joke he deliberately turned his eyes to the left. That's ok, it is still a good picture of my handsome young man!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the pain *hugs* and I wish I could help make it go away. The kids looks great though :) I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog. For people who are chronically ill and/or in constant pain, it can be difficult to socialize as frequently as we would like to do so. Talking with others online is a way for us to socialize, chat with others, make new friends, reach out to others in similar circumstances and many more positive effects.

Knowing that someone has read my posts and commented on it, helps in many ways. The biggest two being that it helps ease the feeling of being "alone" and that no one could possibly understand. Secondly, it reminds us that others truly do care and that just feels wonderful!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog, it really does mean a great deal to me and is helpful too!