Notice

The contents of this blog are copyrighted to the author, Missy (unless otherwise noted) and may not be used, reprinted, published or in any way copied without written permission of the author.

The medical information contained in this blog (when it appears) is not intended to provide medical advice of any kind. Any medical topics discussed here are as they pertain to the author and her conditions only. Do not make any changes to your medications, treatments, etc. without speaking to your personal physician first.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Doctor Visit Day

Today was my doctor's visit for the month. As usual I ended up sitting in the waiting room for quite a while (hour and a half) in those very uncomfortable chairs. I brought a small cross stitch piece with me, but I can't say much about it as it is going to be part of a surprise for someone. I got the main part of it done while waiting. Then I got called back. No urine test this time, which was surprising as I haven't had one in the last few months. My doctor decided that he was going to give me 3 months worth of prescriptions so I wouldn't have to come back until the end of January 2010.

As I promised my daughter I did talk to the doctor about changing my anti-depressant because I know the Zoloft wasn't working anymore. Considering I have been on it for many years, I can't say I am all that surprised. So he switched me to that new medication Pristiq. I've never had an SNRI before and from what I've been able to read about it so far, there aren't any interactions with my other daily medications. That's good because I need those meds.

The visit went well and for once there was no piking and prodding just to see if my back and pelvis still hurt. Usually I get poked and prodded every month and asked "Does this still hurt?" while the doctor presses deeply into every painful spot in my lower back and pelvis; occasionally I end up falling because it hits the sciatic nerve and my leg just gives out. After I get home for the appointments I am usually in a great deal of pain and have to go lay down for a while to make is stop. Today I arrived at the doctor's office at a 4 on the pain scale, and left at a 7 so not so bad as usual.

For anyone that doesn't know what I mean by giving numbers for my pain I will explain. Some doctors (mine included) rate pain on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being very little to no pain and 10 being extreme agony/worst pain of my life. So the lower the number, the less pain I am in and vice versa. Right now my pain level is a 5, which is not too bad.

I did not manage to meet all 3 goals for yesterday, but I did get 2 of them so that's better than nothing. I did manage to shower today, go out (to doctors and ran a small errand) then I needed to lay down.

I can't write right now as my niece is up and wanting my attention. I think she is upset that I went out and didn't take her with me earlier because she's being a tad clingy now. That's ok though, I love the cuddles. They feel so good and I know she'll grow up quickly and not want to cuddle so much.

Later all

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad it wasn't such an ouchie visit love! Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAhhh...I am a day behind...

    Will help you get your dhower when back from the boys class

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Angi, I appreciate it :)

    Thank you Love. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog. For people who are chronically ill and/or in constant pain, it can be difficult to socialize as frequently as we would like to do so. Talking with others online is a way for us to socialize, chat with others, make new friends, reach out to others in similar circumstances and many more positive effects.

Knowing that someone has read my posts and commented on it, helps in many ways. The biggest two being that it helps ease the feeling of being "alone" and that no one could possibly understand. Secondly, it reminds us that others truly do care and that just feels wonderful!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog, it really does mean a great deal to me and is helpful too!