Notice

The contents of this blog are copyrighted to the author, Missy (unless otherwise noted) and may not be used, reprinted, published or in any way copied without written permission of the author.

The medical information contained in this blog (when it appears) is not intended to provide medical advice of any kind. Any medical topics discussed here are as they pertain to the author and her conditions only. Do not make any changes to your medications, treatments, etc. without speaking to your personal physician first.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Another Week Gone

Well here it is Friday the 28th of May. I can't believe May is almost over already! It seems like yesterday was May 1st. Damn I am getting old. LOL

I've done pretty good this week about doing chores around the house. I've done laundry, washed a couple floors, vacuumed, emptied trash, cleaned the bathroom and a few other chores. I am proud of myself for doing them. They did, of course, increase my pain level but I didn't care. Everything increases my pain level and doing nothing in the hopes of not increasing my pain is not a good thing. It just isn't healthy and leads to me thinking badly about myself. My back and pelvis are what they are and there isn't anything I can do about it. It is time to start getting on with my life and the things I enjoy. Keeping my house fairly organized, clean, and bills all paid is something I prefer to do. I can't say I really enjoy doing it because housework isn't all that fun, but I do feel proud and satisfied when it is done. I can relax easier in a house where I don't see a hundred things that need to be done every time I look around.

Today was a focus on laundry day and I have gotten a bunch of loads done. Then I made DS bring his dirty clothes to the laundry room, which of course makes it look like I did no laundry at all LOL

DH took the day off so he would have a 4 day weekend. It was nice to have him home today. We did some cuddling and talking. Last night we had a great conversation and lots of laughs about Terry Pratchett books. He has wanted me to read them for years. I had tried a few years back but just didn't enjoy them. However, I tried again this past week. I read Reaper Man first and found myself laughing out loud at parts of it. Reading parts out loud to DH (like he does to me) so we could laugh together. I really enjoyed the book. I finished it in 2 days and started another. I am enjoying this one as well. This made me wonder if it was the depression that kept me from enjoying the books? It probably was since I mostly stuck to re-reading old books (usually Stephen King) most of the time. Books that are old friends, instead of being open to new authors. I have always loved reading and was always willing to try a new author. But I realize that for the last few years that just wasn't true anymore. Amazing how much of a person's life depression eats.

I am so grateful for the return of my enjoyment in writing, thinking, and reading the way I used to. I feel more like myself than I have in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog. For people who are chronically ill and/or in constant pain, it can be difficult to socialize as frequently as we would like to do so. Talking with others online is a way for us to socialize, chat with others, make new friends, reach out to others in similar circumstances and many more positive effects.

Knowing that someone has read my posts and commented on it, helps in many ways. The biggest two being that it helps ease the feeling of being "alone" and that no one could possibly understand. Secondly, it reminds us that others truly do care and that just feels wonderful!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog, it really does mean a great deal to me and is helpful too!