Notice

The contents of this blog are copyrighted to the author, Missy (unless otherwise noted) and may not be used, reprinted, published or in any way copied without written permission of the author.

The medical information contained in this blog (when it appears) is not intended to provide medical advice of any kind. Any medical topics discussed here are as they pertain to the author and her conditions only. Do not make any changes to your medications, treatments, etc. without speaking to your personal physician first.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Insomnia Returns

I'm a bit frustrated right now. It is 5:23 A.M. and I am still awake. I probably shouldn't complain about it too much because this is the first night of insomnia since I started Pristiq, but I can't help being frustrated and annoyed by it. I know part of it is due to my pain leve being up, mostly in my lower back. This is a major sign that the radio frequency has worn off or is very close to wearing off. The pain is shooting down my left leg. I also have muscle spasms (strong enough to cause my leg to jerk, twitch, and jump), tingling, and numb spots on the left leg. This is what is keeping me awake. It is very hard to relax enough to sleep when my leg starts doing the cha-cha all by itself. LOL

Since I am awake I figured I would come read some blogs and write a post on this blog. This at least gives me something to do.

Today was a fairly busy day. I balanced the checkbook, worked on our taxes, moved a load of laundry, emptied the trash can in my bedroom, did some light picking up, caught up on blog reading (though google reader now shows 11 new posts for me to read), caught up on email lists and facebook. After all that was done I watched a bit of tv and then sat in bed and stitched for about 3 hours or so. Exciting huh?

I have been invited to my step-son's next wrestling show. He loves wrestling and performs in a local show. He is pretty good at wrestling as well as the acting that goes with it. He makes his own costumes to fit the personna he creates and does a marvelous job. He is a very creative person and loves doing lots of creative things from drawing and painting to creative decorations to costumes to writing comics and more. He plays to the audience when he wrestles and gets them involved and they respond very well to him. The show is next Saturday and I will try to remember to bring my camera and get some pictures. It should be a lot of fun!

Well that's it for me today. I hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog. For people who are chronically ill and/or in constant pain, it can be difficult to socialize as frequently as we would like to do so. Talking with others online is a way for us to socialize, chat with others, make new friends, reach out to others in similar circumstances and many more positive effects.

Knowing that someone has read my posts and commented on it, helps in many ways. The biggest two being that it helps ease the feeling of being "alone" and that no one could possibly understand. Secondly, it reminds us that others truly do care and that just feels wonderful!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and/or comment on my blog, it really does mean a great deal to me and is helpful too!